Sep 14, 2018
He used to pitch baseballs, now he’s pitching companies.
Justin Blaine embodies what it means to be an Athlete CEO.
Justin is the Managing Director of The Mentor Group, Inc. a full
service, national investment banking, financial advisory,
valuation, and appraisal firm.
He’s the Founder of AthletesTouch, an organization
of former college and professional athletes working together to
grow and succeed in the business world. Members range from being
fresh out of a sports career to others with decades of business
experience. Members ages may vary between 25-65, but the mindset is
the same. Their members include Fortune 500 advisors, CEOs,
entrepreneurs, start-ups, and professionals in real estate,
finance, accounting, marketing, and tech.
A couple of things to look for in this episode:
- Justin’s transition from minor leagues into the majors
- A powerful (yet easy) mindset you can adapt to network with
- What to do if you’re interested in real estate as an
- Should you fake it until you make it?
- Tips for powerful elevator pitches
- Advice for entrepreneurs and athletes starting to experiment
- Benefits of avoiding negativity
- How to look at investing in real estate
- “If we help enough people it’s going to boomerang.”
- “It’s not about chasing the dollar and becoming a millionaire
- “Do things that others aren’t.”
- “You don’t need to be the smartest to be successful, to help
clients, and to be an advocate.”
- “Nobody does it without luck. Nobody does it without
- “If you want to learn and get better there’s nothing stopping
- “In order to ensure that your next 30-50 years, you need to
take an active approach to it.”
- “Invest in people who are positive and lift you up.”
Books Justin Mentioned (Amazon links):